A few weeks ago, at an early Christmas party, a vegetarian friend of mine mentioned that he had been wanting to make egg-free, dairy-free eggnog. During the holidays, I usually get the So Delicious Coconut Nog, but this made me curious about making my own. Turns out, it’s fairly simple to make and only takes about 10 minutes.
You’re supposed to use pure coconut milk, but I used a non-GMO almond and coconut blend from Blue Diamond. This recipe makes enough for 3-4 servings, but you can adjust as needed if you need enough for more people.
If you want them to blend easily, soak the cashews overnight. For a thicker texture, an hour or two will do. The texture might also depend on what kind of food processor you own.
- 400ml non-dairy milk (cashew, coconut, almond, any will do!)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 3-4 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Optional: 1/4 Cup Water
- Soak cashews as overnight.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until a whipped consistency.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.